Saturday, December 22, 2007

Shower Time

What an amazing group of friends I have. November 18th I was showered with blessings from many friends and family at Drew's baby shower. The hostesses were: Heather Bossen, KiKi Brabham, MarrGwen Dickson, Tamy Dillon, Jennifer Hannah, Lesley Hennig, Joni Lidiak, Elyse Spencer, and Stephanie Poage. Joni won the prize for traveling the furthest...she flew in from Kansas City to be a part of my big day. What a sweet friend!

The whole weekend was a big event. It started with picking Joni up at the airport in Austin on Saturday morning. We then hit Freebirds (as every good Aggie should do when they're within a few miles of one) with my parents. Joni, Mom, and I went down to Christmas Affair after lunch to do some shopping and had a great time. Then we headed back to Temple to show Joni the exictement of our tiny town. We went to Nami's for dinner with Adam & Heather and MarrGwen who was also in town from Austin for the shower. We had a great time.

Then Sunday we went to church and it was shower time!! The shower was at Belton Church of Christ. Jennifer Hannah made the cutest diaper cake for the centerpiece of the decorations! The food was great, and about 35 friends were there to help me celebrate and prepare for Drew's arrival. I was overwhelmed with blessings that day.



No comments: