Sunday, March 02, 2008

This is the day the Lord has made...

Let us rejoice and be glad in it!! (To steal a few words from Dr. Smith, as I'm sure he opened his sermon this morning with that exact sentence!)

Drew went to church for the very first time this morning. We only made it to Sunday School because I wasn't quite ready to drop my precious month-old baby off in the nursery in order to go to the worship service. Drew will just have to hear Daddy play piano in big church sometime later in life!

I was doing good to get us there with the diaper bag packed and clean clothes on his back, so I forgot to throw in the camera for action shots at church. But, I did get a few of him in his "Sunday finest" when we got home.

No matter how well you think you've timed things, they always break their schedule and decide to be hungry when you least expect it. So, once we got to church, Drew decided it was time for breakfast #2. My friend Elizabeth Bandy volunteered to feed him his bottle so Andrew and I could actually listen to the Sunday School lesson. He did great, until I hear the loudest toot I've ever heard from the little guy. Needless to say, a diaper change was the next order of business. We survived all of that and finished in time for friends to ooh and aah over him after the lesson was over. I think he had a great time on his first visit to First Baptist in Temple!

4 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Our boys are hitting milestones together. Let me know when yours starts sleeping through the night!!

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

HILARIOUS!! He's such a big boy! I'm so proud and miss him tons! What a cutie....

Joni & Brian said...

More pictures! More stories! More updates! PLEASE!!!

Joni & Brian said...

More pictures! More stories! More updates! PLEASE!!!