Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was wonderful!! Drew woke up bright and early at 3am to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Luckily, he also quickly went back to sleep...which was a big gift!

Andrew & Drew surprised me with a Bible engraved with my name on the front. We've been married almost 7 years now, and my Bibles all still said "Jennifer Ellison" on the front. Not any more though! We were heading out to church Sunday morning and I opened the car door to sit down and a beautiful black leather Bible with "Jennifer Ellison Bossen" engraved in gold on the front was waiting for me in my seat. It was the perfect gift for my 1st Mother's Day and I'll treasure it forever. What sweet boys I have!



At church, all the Mom's were asked to stand and be recognized. It was surreal to actually be in the group this year. We were given flowers at the end of the service too! It was really fun to celebrate Mother's Day with my family...Mom & Dad were there, and Collin, Steph, Avery, & Julia too. After church, we all ate lunch and Carole & George joined us. It was really fun to have everyone together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful and romantic husband you have! How very thoughtful of him to include your maiden name as well. He is such a good daddy........and husband. Andrew is a blessing to our entire family.
John and I are so very proud of you both as we watch your parenting....that is part of the joy of being a grandparent. Drew is a very fortunate boy to have such capable, caring and loving parents.