Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The World is My Chew Toy

I guess it's just that phase of life when everything in the world within the grasp of those little fingers goes straight to the mouth! Although Drew has a million and one toys designed for chewing, he likes the "off label" variety of chew toys like cell phone charger cords (yikes!), dog toys, toes, and even my flip flops (yuck!). So, I decided maybe he needed some more age appropriate toys to stimulate his learning and pique his interest in something other than chewing (and to keep him out of trouble).

The UPS guy paid us a visit today and the new toys arrived! Fisher-Price's "My First Blocks" shape sorter and a "Musical Stack & Ball Game" by Tiny Love were inside. I was excited and Drew was definitely curious. So, we sat him down and put the toys out in front. He studied them a little. I picked up a ball and dropped it in the toy to make the lights flash and songs sing. Then, I guided Drew's hand to a ball. He grabbed it...and stuck it straight in his mouth. Forget the learning new skills thing, just let him chew on something new every once in a while and he's a
happy camper! Hey -- at least the rings from the new toy make cute hats!




Kobe was excited about toy time too - can you tell?

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

will gets in trouble for trying to eat the laptop cord and his favorites are the remote for the TV and the one for the fan...the kid has TONS of toys and he only wants the non-chewy toys in the house!! oh, and forget teething rings, he just looks at me crazy when I give them to him.