Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

I've been singing that in my head all day long!

I was at a loss for how to decorate for Christmas this year. With 20 foot ceilings and a large fireplace, my old faithful 22 inch cranberry wreath and 9 feet of cranberry garland just weren't going to do the trick in the new house. So, I called in the professionals. (I am SO glad I did!) They're worth their weight in gold, I decided. Lisa from Interior HomeStore arrived this morning and we had a Christmas EXPLOSION in our house.



And, how fun is this? They have "spinners" so our chandelier ornaments spin & sparkle!! It's so fun. When Drew first saw them this afternoon, he waved at them.

We've now decked the halls and are ringing bells and lighting the Christmas tree...well, almost! We still have the tree to tackle ourselves. I really don't even want to do it now because the beautiful wreath & garland Lisa made seem to just be laughing at me every time I think about doing something that is worthy of sitting in the same room as her beauties! But, alas, it wouldn't be Christmas without a good "Charlie Brown" tree, would it?
So, bring on the Christmas parties and holiday cheer! Come on over and join us. We'll be sitting on the couch, staring at our shiny wreath & spinning ornaments! Believe it or not, it's actually very entertaining. Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

BEYOND WORDS, Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it in person! I laughed at Drew waving to the ornaments!! So cute-- He probably thought, "Those look about my size... Maybe we can be friends!" :)

Merry Christmas!!

Angela Williams said...

Love the Christmas decorations and the Christmas card. Who designed the card? I would love to place an order. Sound like life is great in Sherman. You are greatly missed by many friends in Temple!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW; your house is beautiful!!! I love the mantle in your family room - it is so festive. I know this Christmas will be such a special one for you three. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the decorations! I loved the chandelier so much I had to steal your decorator's idea. Mine isn't as elaborate at yours, but not bad for a first timer. I have a hard time coming up with the ideas, but I can copy like a champ!

Merry Christmas!