Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cheese!

This is probably only entertaining to Drew's Grandparents & Aunts out there, but Drew is kind of starting to make noises that I can recognize as words!! Today at his snack before nap time, he was really talking. He was eating cheese, his favorite food. As I was holding him and getting the cheese stick out of the fridge, Drew started saying "shuz, shuz" and I realized he was asking for cheese!! He was in a talking mood, so I caught a little of it on tape. I ended up giving him 2 sticks of cheese to keep the video going, so he lucked out. Then later at dinner tonight Andrew said that he gave Drew 2 sticks of cheese as an appetizer to keep him happy while we were grilling burgers outside. So, if you're keeping count (which we obviously weren't today) that's 4 sticks of cheese in one tiny (but growing) belly in about 8 hours!!

So, here's some of Drew's latest vocab words. If you can get past all of my "cheesy" prompting, you can hear him say "shuz" a couple of times. He also wows us with his "all gone/all done"...and an ear piercing rant in the middle of the video that when translated means "gimme gimme, I want the camera NOW".

On an unrelated note, I've decided that he's a "Dairytarian" if there is such a thing. The only foods I can rely on him eating are yogurt, milk, and cheese (of any variety...cottage cheese, string cheese, squeeze cheese, cheese slices...He's like Bubba Gump, but with cheese). He might turn into a chunk, but he's going to have strong bones for sure!!

2 comments:

Heather Bossen said...

You were right- that was totally entertaining for this aunt! =) It is so fun to see him saying recognizable words! I can't wait until he has enough to talk on the phone with us. I especially like the "All done"/touchdown move he's got going on! Love yall!

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

SO PRECIOUS! He's going to be talking non-stop before we know it. Give that Dairytarian a hug from us!