Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last Day of School

Last Day of School - May 2009


First Day of School - September 2008

Wow...I can't believe a whole "school year" has already flown by. Drew absolutely loved Mother's Day Out at First Baptist!! He's grown so much in the time he has been going there.

Just recently, he's done a few things that I haven't taught him (strange feeling). A few days ago, I was changing his diaper and he was trying to crawl off the changing table. Sitting still for diaper changes isn't one of his virtues! The best chance I have to get him to stay still is to sing songs to him. I usually perform my best rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus" or "Jesus Loves Me." Occasionally if he's really squirmy, I'll throw out "Incy-Wincy Spider" or something silly. Nothing was working this day, so I thought of "If You're Happy & You Know It". It's not a song I normally throw out, so I was shocked when the second I sang "If"...he smiled really big and started clapping his hands!! Wow. I'm sure he was shocked that I knew that song (since he hadn't ever heard it at home before)! I guess his teachers sing it with them in school.

We celebrated our last day of school with a picture just like we took the first day of school back in September. I can't believe what a big boy Drew has become. Most of the "baby" has gradually faded to "little kid". He's the most precious little boy I know (of course, I'm a little biased). He giggles and is highly entertained by a good game of "Where's Drew" (aka...peek-a-boo, but we hide behind furniture or walls). He's really talking right now. His favorite word is "Daddy", and he loves to look at family pictures. He's into everything...climbing up chairs and always fleeing out the doggie door to go play outside. He's an active kid, but I guess that's just how boys are.

No comments: